When it comes to living a healthy lifestyle one of the most important factors is preparation. Preparation is key to making sure you set yourself up for success as it can mean the difference between having healthy snacks at your disposal or buying on a whim snacks high in sugar or sodium. By keeping healthy snacks on hand, not only do you manage to save yourself some extra money, but you can also save yourself some extra calories by being sure of what is in your food. The recipe I will be sharing with you today is made up of simple ingredients most of which you probably already have on hand, and when put together yield a nutrient-rich snack that will be sure to hold you over in between meals. These 5-minute “cookie dough” bites are high in fiber, protein, and B vitamins which will help to keep you energized throughout the day. You can add in nuts, dried fruit or really anything else to change up the flavors and to keep things interesting. I encourage you to get creative in your combinations so that you don’t get bored and aren’t tempted to spend money on the overly processed choices at the store. Now let’s get into the recipe!
◊ Makes 10 bite-sized balls
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour*
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- pinch of sea salt (less than 1/4 tsp)
- splash of almond milk (about 1-2 tbsp)
*Quick oats ground into a flour-like texture
- To a food processor add in quick oats and grind into a flour-like texture.
- Add in the maple syrup, peanut butter, sea salt, and a splash of almond milk.
- Add in just enough almond milk so that the mixture is able to hold its shape without crumbling.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and begin to form bite-sized balls.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
I hope you find this recipe helpful for those days when you need to quickly get out the door but want something to help get you through that mid-afternoon slump. These cookie dough bites will be sure to keep you alert and focused to get through the rest of your day. If you try these out tag us @lifeatthemesa on Instagram. I hope you have a great rest of your week and I will be back soon with another great recipe!
Do Not Sell My Personal Information